Personal attention, Charity, Sustainability, Decentralization
We strongly believe in the philosophy of the Cardano Foundation and it’s decentralization strategy. With SOON stakepool, we support this vision and decentralization as much as possible. Therefore a number of considerations are made:
First of all: A familiar relationship with our delegators.
- We are dedicated and driven to be successful. In addition, we feel a great responsibility in taking care of you as a delegator: we want you to feel comfortable with us and our approach.
- We set up a number of communication channels to keep you informed and stay transparant in our actions, but also we are open for ideas and suggestions from you. Let’s mint blocks together, so that SOON rewards will come your way! ?
- We support charity. In this world of wealth we want also take care of those who are less fortunate. That’s why we are donating 20% of our operator fee to charity.
Second: a reliable end sustainable infrastructure. In choosing the set-up of the SOON infrastructure some conscious choices were made:
- Relais in multiple countries: By hosting relays in countries where none or only a limited number of relays are present (Egypt, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey), we provide a better network coverage in these areas and therefore contribute to the global decentralization of the Cardano network.
- Maximum sustainability: We prefer that our servers are hosted in datacenters who are taking responsibility for the environment. That means for example they are obtaining energy from renewable sources to power their datacenters. For example the use of hydropower from 100 percent carbon dioxide-free and environmentally-friendly hydropower as well as the use of wind power.
- Use of energy efficient hardware:
We prefer also that the datacenters we use do have a policy to ensure that hardware investment decisions are based on energy efficiency. Power usage of hardware and network components are a fundamental criterion in the selection of components.
- It’s a struggling: In countries where we host our servers, it is unfortunately not common having a green policy. But we have raised some tickets with these data centers to make them aware it could add more value. For now, we choose maintain our servers in those datacenters, to support decentralization. This decision is based on the fact that PoS (Proof of Stake) consumes much less power instead of PoW. (Proof of Work, like Bitcoin)